Re: pledge of allegiance

---------

From: greg sharp (eldoradoreefgold_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 21:05:56 PDT

" HERE'S TO OUR COUNTRY AND THE BEST THINGS THAT SHE STANDS FOR "JOHN WAYNE'S character 'ROCKWEEL TORY' from the movie 'In Harm's Way"the Otto Preminger Opus!from<eldoradoreefgold@yahoo.com>greg sharp from california
  Maggie White <mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com> wrote: wendy free wrote:
> what if, as a teacher, we asked our classes to come up with
> their own pledge to say together? i believe students could create a
> "pledge" consisting of very meaningful shared ideals. i see this type
> of pledge as an excellent way of aligning ones' self as an individual,
> as part of the group, and as working toward what we believe to be
> important. (of course, no one would be required to say it. i think,
> though, there would be joy and pride for most in doing so, as with the
> original pledge.)

This is a cool idea. Bunki's students write a class statement about art
which is a consolidation of statements they each write. I'll bet you
could use the same process to write a class pledge. And I'll bet you'd
get some extremely thoughtful ideas, too.

Maggie