Re: pledge of allegiance/add on to Madafo

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 16:32:48 PDT

I would like to add my 2 cents worth here - I keep reading about racism refering to blacks/whites. Let us not forget that racism affects many peoples, including Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, etc etc etc. It affects Jews (let us not forget WWII). My mother-in-law is from Tibet, and her people were persecuted when she was a child. And how does all this affect the handicapped? I have seen many races poking fun (on national TV no less) at the mentally retarded, the physically impaired. Our jobs as educators should be to embrace all people regardless of skin color, religion, or physical abilities.
~Michal

---