Re: Something for new (and experienced) teachers

---------

From: Myriam Ramos (cemy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 18:19:11 PDT

 ...but I have to thank my first principal in MS for
> teaching me this. He told us every year at the
beginning of school that we
> should contact all parents within the first two weeks of
school and welcome
> their child to our class and tell the parents we were
excited about having
> their child in our classroom. He said it would go a
long way if we later
> had problems with the student and had to call on the
parents for help.
> Carolyn Roberts

Carolyn,
Thanks for this suggestion. We are supposed to do this at
our back to school night but very few parents show up for
that. Maybe what I'll do is call up the parents who do not
show up.
Thanks again,
Myriam

  Message sent using Caribe.Net WebMail (BETA)
  Caribe.Net - http://www.caribe.net

---