Re: for Ricardo

---------

From: Ricardo Ramirez (rramirez2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 12:30:23 PDT

Barbara,

  Thanks to you and the wonderful people on this chat line! I
appreciate the exchange of knowledge! Where do you teach? I taught in
plano last year and will be teaching my second year in Denton. I am
excited about having my own school and want to provide great educational
experiences! I appreciate your advice!!

Ricardo

>>> artgal50@msn.com 07/23/02 10:36PM >>>

Hi Ricardo
How nice that you can take your students out to the museum. I also
teach in Texas and it is just about an act of Congress to get my
students to the museum. Usually there is an educational curator who can
help you plan your trip and arrange for docents. They will be able to
suggest some activities as well to tie into your class work. If your
museum does not have that service (which I highly doubt) then I suggest
that you get over and see first hand what is there and prepare several
assignments to correlate with the works that you find.

Hope that helps!
Barb in Texas