Unofficial FAQ of Arts Ed Net Listserv

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 09:06:04 PDT

I've noticed several people sending attachments or HTML e-mail to the list. I lost the old FAQ when my old laptop fried. Here is a revised abbreviated version.

Unofficial FAQ of Arts Ed Net Listserv

This list of questions and answers was put together to help facilitate conversations on the ArtsEdNet Listserv. It is not meant to censure,
but to help communication and explain some technical problems.

2. I want to use HTML e-mail why can’t I? Many people on the listserv subscribe to the digest. The program the Getty uses to process our individual e-mails to the list interprets all the HTML code as text and the people on the digest get trash like this kjlfkjd;lkj;a kjflkj;fak a’eiudoiennve kd;aldk;a for line after line. (I know the above is not real HTML code used random letters, because I didn't want to cause a problem with anyone's system.)

3. If this is an Art teacher listserv why can’t I send attachments of pictures/lesson plans/articles? Four reasons A - the Getty software turns your attachment in to lines of text code in the digest (see above); B - some people are on dial up accounts at home your attachment might take a moment to leave your account at school and take over an hour to download at someone’s home; C - some access the listserv from school and might not be allowed to accept attachments; D - finally VIRUSES might be present without your knowledge.