RE: pledge of allegiance, a shorter response

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 16:39:45 PDT

Woody, I'm surprised that you didn't understand. My use of the pronouns
was to refer, without bias, to the divisions already drawn by the more
blatant "White Community" and other racial references by Madafo.

I'm well aware of the racial problems we all deal with here in the U.S.
I've spent a number of years working with both youth and adults in this
area.

I thought you understood that I'm not the one with the obvious prejudice
here, and I react forcefully, but verbally, when it seems to me that
someone is trying to imply that I am a racist, or that I should feel
guilty for something I had nothing to do with.

Lawrence A. Parker
Philosopher and Educational Consultant

> But, please try to refrain from the use of "they",
> "we", "us", "them", ect. in your dialogue.

---