Re: pledge of allegiance, a REALLY long response

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 15:10:15 PDT

Lawrence,
        Racism is indeed still a major problem in our country. A large portion
of the white people in America will not realize this. It's not going to
improve if we don't talk about it. But, please try to refrain from the use
of "they", "we", "us", "them", ect. in your dialogue. I mention this to
a friend
I've never met but do respect greatly. Our communities are made up of many
diverse and complex views on this and so many other subjects. We need to
listen and respect these views whenever possible. As artists we know the
danger of painting with too broad a brush. It is especially dangerous in this
medium (e-mail) where one can not read body language or tone of voice.
        Anyway, I'm going back to working on my Artist/Tables web pages.
In a way those eight ladies are my small contribution to fighting indifference.
I want my students to recognize and celebrate their diversity. In my small
way I'm trying to make a subtle difference in our future. Just another
old hippie trying to change the world one flower at a time.
                                                                Woody in KC

--
This one soars:
Fantastic Triplet Grandkids: