Re: High School Teaching Styles....

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 11:59:20 PDT

Tsheffey@aol.com wrote:
> Hi group,
> I am curious about how many of you teach "one project at a time" and how many
> of you give your students a list of projects that they choose from (in other
> words, they are given a syllabus for the whole 6 weeks or semester).

Teresa,
        I believe it is a personal preference as to what teaching style fits
you best.
Do what works well for you or your students will suffer. Of course they
often
suffer when we try something new. But, suffering is good for them. I would
suggest that if you thing more individually directed studies is the way
you would
like to proceed. Then proceed a little at a time giving the stronger students
the opportunity to branch out (with a syllabus) after getting your
approval for
their direction and expected time line. Or experiment with one class using
the syllabus approach.
                        Just my thoughts, Woody in KC
Of course I go the project route, but then I teach 6, 7 and 8th graders.

--
This one soars:
Fantastic Triplet Grandkids: