Re: need advice re slides to photos

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 10:03:54 PDT

> KPRS wrote:
>
> my two cents: remember that old slides have deteriorated over time
> (washed out, orange, are brittle etc) so don't expect miracles
> whichever way you choose to convert them.

San D, and others,

You can protect your slides from color shifting by proper storage.
Metal slide files, acid-free boxes, and slide pages made of archival
plastic (polypropylene and polyethylene) will keep your colors true.
Nonarchival plastics and cartons emit fumes that will damage film. Of
course, once the color shift has begun you can't reverse it, but you can
arrest further deterioration.

I order a lot from Light Impressions:
http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/ They have a huge selection of
materials for protecting all sorts of materials, including film, prints,
and textiles.

Maggie

---