Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: the pledge issue...a rant

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 09:49:16 PDT

Larry Seiler wrote:
> >If people would pay more mind to the spirit of what is written in
> >religious works and worry less about whose beliefs are "right", our
> >world would be a lot more peaceful. Madafo

> Its just that in lieu of so many responses on this issue, it might be time
> for everyone to reconsider why we believe the way we do, and why what comes
> out of our mouth reflects a particular thought. We need to reflect that a
> thought we have may be more in line with a worldview; as such,
> becomes our task to search dilligently if one worldview is better in
> answering ultimate questions as concerns ethics. Whether we realize it or
> not, every opinion we offer as that which "ought to be" is an ethical
> worldview response. Larry

In Short: What be say, if we give thought to our words,
is a reflection of what we believe. I truly hope so. What
is more important is how does what we say and do effect
others. And, are we tolerant of what others believe, say
and do. Again, I can only hope so.
                                                Woody in KC

This one soars:
Fantastic Triplet Grandkids: