Re: Creating a Culture

---------

From: craig roland (rolandc_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 07:54:07 PDT

>I have decided that summer is over and I must begin planning for the
>upcoming school year. One project that I plan to begin with one of my middle
>school classes is to have them create their own culture. There was a
>discussion on this last spring, along with a great link to a website with
>art created from a make-believe culture. Due to my computer crash I no
>longer have that link, and I have searched the archives to no avail. Can
>anyone help me? I really wanted to use that website.
>~Michal

Try seaching the web for Beauvais Lyons of the University of
Tennessee who creates artifacts from imaginary cultures. Also, try
"Mock Archeology" on Google and see what you get.

Craig

CRAIG ROLAND Associate Professor of Art Education
School of Art and Art History - University of Florida
PO Box 115801, Gainesville Florida 32611-5801
Art Ed Office: 352.392.9165 Fax: 352-392-8453
homepage: http://grove.ufl.edu/~rolandc/homepage.html
visit the @rt room at: http://www.arts.ufl.edu/art/rt_room/

---