Re: pledge of allegiance

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 13:47:06 PDT

I'm not quite sure how all of this started, but as long as you suggest
someone learn about privileges of others, cover a broader area- male vs
women privileges, upper class ( or these days CEO) privilege or the
privilege of being Asian, Indian, Hispanic, Jewish, French, et. Every
category has some sort of privileges.
As far as the pledge- "I pledge aligence to the flag.......-Amen!
Rituals have an importance and I feel alot of kids are missing good
rituals in their lives-imho. :-)
maryB

Jarsawyer@aol.com wrote:

> To Madafo, thanks for your perspective -- to my fellow white art
> teachers, I recommend you read the Racial Contract or Blackness
> Visible, both by Mills at some point. Or learn more about white
> privilege from workshops, etc.
>
> Julie ---

---