RE: pledge of allegiance

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 09:29:32 PDT

Wendy,

Yes, I read the report about cooperation and the brain's pleasure
centers. Certainly, no surprise; anyone who has been able to work
cooperatively with others knows the good feelings that come along with
it.

Also, I think your idea of a student created pledge is *very*
interesting and exciting. I do wonder how the parents and
administrators would respond to it. If you do this, I would be
interested to know what they come up with! There is a lot to say about
individual ownership of something created cooperatively and communally.

Lawrence A. Parker

Philosopher and Educational Consultant

---