RE: pledge of allegiance

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 08:48:07 PDT

It always amazes me that the most intolerant people seem to be
"religious" people, and I'm sure that that's a terrible generalization.
As a religious atheist and a philosophical agnostic, I've always taken
note of how "religious" people treat me. Having married a beautiful
woman who is a church organist and choir director (I'm her page turner
and sometimes accompanist; she only lets me sing "Far, Far Away" '>)
), I've had the opportunity to observe quite a variety. The best have
consistently been the UCC (United Church of Christ). These people are so
full of the Joie de Vivre (pardon my French if my memory is wrong) and
community that I enjoy just being with them for those reasons! And, for
me, those reasons are largely what "Religion" should be about.

Lawrence A. Parker

Philosopher and Educational Consultant