Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: pledge of allegiance

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 06:34:32 PDT

        As always, you are so well spoken and very correct.
But we live in a very intolerant religious (christian) society.
Many of us do not wish to endure the holy raft of our community
and co-workers. Those words "in God we trust" have made many
of us "uncomfortable" for generations. Still, there are so many
other evil things in the world that need our attention: hunger,
poverty, child abuse, violence, etc. that I choose to put my
objection to those "unconstitutional words" at the bottom
of my to do list. Am I wrong, Woody in KC

This one soars:
Fantastic Triplet Grandkids: