Re: pledge of allegiance

---------

From: danna fuller (danna_fuller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 18:14:09 PDT

  It is sad to me that some people think that reciting the pledge is, as I understand you, meaningless. The pledge is a statement about belief in your country, America.
I wonder if there are war veterans "listening" with thoughts on this subject.
There is no denomination mentioned in the pledge. I realize and embrace, in my Christian-ness, that God is meaningful in many more ways than the way Christians believe.
I think it's fine to say the pledge in school. How could it possibly hurt?
Danna