Re: drawing bicycles.....

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 03:23:20 PDT

on 7/25/02 2:21 AM, Marvin P Bartel at marvinpb@goshen.edu wrote:

> Julie's idea of displaying the bicycle upside down reminds me of several
> other ideas.
>
> Effective teaching often boils down to knowing when to make it harder (more
> challenging), when to make it easier (allowing some success and
> gratification), and doing it in ways that facilitate interest and learning.

marvin, thank you so much for your contribution to this discussion! you
identified exactly the problem i wanted to solve initially of finding
something for my kids (these would be 5th & 6th graders) to draw that would
hold their interest. a smashed up bicycle!!! and the other variations you
mention - i think would do the trick. then i started thinking, for fall, a
smashed pumpkin (isn't that a rock group? i'm outta that loop.) what else
could be smashed that 12-yr-olds would love???

linda in michigan

---