Re: Crayola Crayon maker....

---------

From: Teri Tucciarelli (teritucciarelli_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 12:00:05 PDT

Yes, the kids could do it themselves, even elementary kids. It's designed
to be very safe because when it is heating, the lid locks so kids couldn't
touch the hot parts. (It uses a 60 watt bulb) I haven't done a project with
the crayons, but I have played around with them on my own and they seem to
hold up well. I agree the price is steep, when it's only really practical
for using with a few kids at a time. Wouldn't it be nice if they would make
an industrial strength machine that art teachers could use to recycle all
those old crayons??? But then, we wouldn't order all those new ones. :-)