Crayola Crayon maker....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 11:06:13 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: "Teri Tucciarelli" <teritucciarelli@hotmail.com>
> For the list,have you seen the new Crayola
> crayon maker? I was curious and purchased one to see if it would be worth
> it to have one at school. (I had visions of recycling all the thousands of
> crayon stubs that I have) It's not quite up to that task, but it is really
> pretty neat. It does a really good job, it's just that it only makes 3
> crayons at a time, and the process takes about 20 minutes. I think it might
> be fun to use as a reward or center though. Kids can mix colors, make their
> own creative crayons, etc. It comes with labels also. You can see it at
> Crayola.com.

Count me as one who hadn't ever heard of the Crayon Maker until you
mentioned it. I checked out the site and this little machine look pretty
interesting. Tell us what you've done with this thing. The price of $29.99
sounds fairly steep if it doesn't really work to save you time of make
something unique that's really usable. Have you done a project using the
results of the crayons yet? Do they hold together well? Can the kids do it
by themselves? Middle school kid level? Toodles....Bunki

---