Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Drawing and talking (suggestions for Sept.)

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 16:13:41 PDT wrote "What I'm interested to know is how you set the mood
in September. I can say great things like "your mouth and your brain work
or your hands and your brain work" but I doubt they will listen....

I start with the same kind of intensive right brain activities others have
mentioned (like upside down drawing, blind contour, negative space) that
require intense concentration. Then, I gradually start playing music very
softly. Since I like to listen to the same "junk" the kids do, they want to
hear it and keep their voices down to a pretty decent level. Of course some
activities seem to always get louder than others but it sets the pace at
least. Michelle