Making wooden toys.

---------

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 15:23:58 PDT

I need some suggestions. A friend of mine purchased a set of wooden toys called Zolo, they are like tinker toys but with really weird shapes and patterns. You can view the toy by clicking the following link.
http://www.flaxart.com/f/shopping/prod_detail/main.asp?uid=753C76C2-ACC9-407D-9A0F-1E98C45F1AD9&MainCatID=484&catID=53&sl=0&productID=7&Style=1
I feel that this would be a great art project for my high school students to create their own version of the toy. I bought a bag of wood scraps at our local craft store. My question is in drilling the holes for the pegs to fit in. I tried it myself and had no problem drilling at a 90 degree angle but how do you drill at a 45 degree angle. Is there a tool that will make drilling different angles safe for the students.

This toy is wonderful is has different odd shapes and with weird patterns, chains hanging from them and all sorts of creativity possibilities. My friend bought them for her office as a tool to foster teamwork and creativity and have some fun at the same time.

If anyone has any suggestion I would love to hear them. And I hope I have explained myself clearly enough, if not please advise.

Blessings Joe.Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

---