Ohio Art Educators Advocacy for the Arts Efforts

---------

From: Y.R. Brown (imaniyo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 14:31:34 PDT

Hello Folks,

In my recent communiques to the list I discussed advocacy for our
profession, especially in light of new education
standards, our numbers compared to our other subject collegues,etc. I came
across a link I had bookmarked at the Ohio Art
Education Association that might be helpful to us all as we do our
individual and collective SELF ESTEEM BOOSTING!
"On February 23, 2002 at STRS in Columbus, an Advocacy Workshop sponsored by
OAEA. Participants created works of
art titled: "Me as an Arts Advocate Self Portrait."" You can view the
result of the workshop at :
http://www.oaea.org/workshops.html

Y.R. Brown