blind contours....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 10:48:17 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: vranck0602@aol.com
> i've done a few things with my middle schoolers. for example: blind contour
> is fun, i draw my hand without looking and then have them do it. wonderful
> results if they are paying attention (perception) and not cheating, have them
> tape their paper down first.

***********************

It's fun to use contour drawings as a leap to other projects. For
example...students make contour drawings or hands or feet on the same paper
(turning one quarter turn each time for...like...4 drawings...one on top of
the other). Using small viewfinders, find interesting compositions looking
for balance, repeating lines, etc. Cut out 4 or 5 diff. "views". Pick
favorite one. Transfer this design onto other paper. We used 9x12 colored
const. paper. Run glue along the lines. Go over dried glue lines with gold,
silver, or bronze inking pen. Pastel inside areas. Laminate. Great for
journal covers. Toodles....Bunki

---