drawing bicycles.....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 10:25:26 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
From: KPRS <KPRS@comcast.net>
as for still life setups...I do a variety of short ones throughout the year.
1. lightbulbs on white boxes on a piece of white paper
2. old dented musical instruments
3. children's bicycle/my old bicycle
4. animal bones (I have a cow head, deer head, cat head, full pidgeon,
beaver, frog) etc.
San D
Excellent ideas all. As to the bicycles, I make it a point to display them
upside down. It's a good way to get students to look at shapes instead of
"this is the handlebar" or "this is the whatever". They find it easier to
look at the unusual shape instead of what they "think" it should look like
as part of a "bicycle". Kinda like the upside down Piscasso drawing exercise
we've all seen.

This leads me to something I've always wanted to try. Have one student lie
down on the table and have another student stand at the first student's head
upside down and draw his portrait. What do you think? Think is would be a
better portrait? Ha.

 Toodles....Bunki

---