Re: Drawing and talking

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 21 2002 - 07:25:57 PDT

Re: Drawing and talkingDuring my Drawing 1 course in college my instructor loved this book - we did several exercises from it. One "still life" project was to draw an everyday object and have it go off 3 edges of the paper. Mine was a clothespin. Another exercise was to draw a lightbulb, also large. Most students aren't familiar with the intricate details of common items. :-)
~Michal

....Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain the exercices I use are in Chapter 4. The Vases-Faces exercise is my favorite and seems to be the best for feeling the shift from left to right hemisphere....

  now i'd like to come up with a list of things for them to practice the skills from chap. 4 to make drawings. no space to set up a still life and leave it for a few weeks. ...small toys???? i could keep them in a bag and pass them out each class period. any other ideas?? things that are intricate and irregular so the lids would have to draw what they see instead of what they know.

---