Re: Drawing and talking

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 16:57:37 PDT

on 7/21/02 12:06 PM, M. Dodge at 4boys@attbi.com wrote:

....Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain the exercices I use are in
Chapter 4. The Vases-Faces exercise is my favorite and seems to be the best
for feeling the shift from left to right hemisphere....

whoops! sorry about that incomplete post. what i wanted to say is that i
agree with martha about the vase faces. this worked very well with my
5th-6th kids as far as getting them to comprehend the shift. they loved
doing the next exercise too - monster face vases. now i'd like to come up
with a list of things for them to practice the skills from chap. 4 to make
drawings. no space to set up a still life and leave it for a few weeks.
...small toys???? i could keep them in a bag and pass them out each class
period. any other ideas?? things that are intricate and irregular so the
lids would have to draw what they see instead of what they know.

linda in michigan

---