Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Elementary Sketchbooks

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 16:12:10 PDT

Suggestion on getting integration and cooperation among homeroom
teachers and art teachers. Getting the administration above
principals involved. I have a system where principals are
control of campuses but art teachers are considered specialty
area. This is only happening at this moment, and believe me , I
am surprised also. What I usually do is have the art teachers
contact principals on their campus also, When I stress TEKS and
relating to the state TAKS test, principals listen, most do that
is. Believe me I do have those that believe art is that easy
class, make the ash tray pottery and send home.

Jackie Aust
Bryan Texas