Re: color & camouflage art lesson?

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 09:42:37 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: Christene Sandeson <c.sandeson@ns.sympatico.ca>
> This fall I'd like to develop a design lesson for my section on
> color, and feature the use of camouflage art. I'd like this
> lesson/project to take 4-5 class hours to complete, after I have
> introduced color design theory (Prim&Sec color, warm and cool,
> analogous, complementary color, etc). I have gathered a few images
> in support of this (ex: Bev Doolittle ) and think it would be
> appropriate for the Art 10's .
>
> I have not decided upon approach or medium as yet because the topic
> is so broad. Has anyone tried this? Can you share hints on this?
> christene in nova scotia

Christine...check out our art website....

...and there you can click on "7th grade painting". Although the age
difference is apparent, you can get an idea of how we "hid" our animals
using diff. shapes and patterns. The kids really enjoy looking at Bev's work
and probably MORE so than any other artist keeps their rapt attention.

The finished product is 9x12" and takes us 3 weeks to complete in five 45
min. periods a week. Toodles.....Bunki

---