Re: multicultural art education

---------

From: Rosel R Valenzuela (mader_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 21:56:20 PDT

>1. Where do you teach?

     In a Chinese-Filipino Jesuit school.
>2. How long have you been teaching?
     36 years
>3. How would you define multicultural art education?
     Teaching through art what is good about the 2 cultures
     as well as other cultures.
>4. Would you say that you currently teach an art curriculum that is
     multicultural? yes! it's highly encouraged .
     If so, how long have you been teaching with a
> multicultural approach? 36 yrs.
>5. Please give me one or two examples of projects or units from your
>curriculum that would be multicultural.
      festivals: chinese/ filipino masks, bantings, moon festival, spring festival, totem poles, papier-mache with ethnic designs, crafts, etc. : customs and traditions; games; musical instruments..etc.

www.mysurfcard.com
Global Roaming Internet Access

---