Virtural Reality for the classroom

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 18:28:49 PDT

I'm currently working on a virtual reality project. I saw great
examples at the last two NECC (Computers in Education)
conferences I attended. I bought the software last summer
but never opened the box. Today, I built a rotating stand to
place objects on to be photographed in the round. You can use
a digital camera to shoot 24 pics of an object as you gradually
turn the stand. The software knits the pics together so the
viewer can rotate the object on a web page. Put the camera
on the same stand and rotate the camera while shooting and
you create a moving panorama. I'll post my first experiments
sometime next week. Right now I've got a web page showing
how to build the stand.
        http://www.taospaint.com/VRtool.html
Hope you are enjoying your summer. Frani and I are going to
the lake tomorrow morning. She mailed her retirement
papers today. I've got 315 days to go.
                                Woody in KC

--
This one soars: