Virtual Reality Tools

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 21:06:35 PDT

I've done some updates on my virtual reality project.
I saw great examples at the last two NECC (Computers in Education)
conferences I attended. I bought the software last summer
but never opened the box. Today, I built a rotating turntable
(redundant) to place objects on to be photographed in the round.
You can use a digital camera to shoot pics of an object as you gradually
turn the stand. Mine is designed for 24 images (15 degrees),
the instructions call for 36 intervals (10 degrees) The software
knits the pics together so the viewer can smoothly rotate the
object on a web page. I plan to secure the camera to the same
turntable and rotate the camera while shooting and
try to create a panorama you can move around in. I'll post my
first experiments sometime next week. Right now I've got a
web page showing how to build the stand.
        http://www.taospaint.com/VRtool.html
I included some links to examples of VR movies.
                                Woody in KC

--
This one soars:
Fantastic Triplet Grandkids: