Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: multicultural art education

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 11:45:29 PDT wrote:

> 1. Where do you teach?
Urban inner city, 500 students, 6-8 grade
very diverse population

> 2. How long have you been teaching?
25 years

> 3. How would you define multicultural art education?
Exposing students to the wide diversity of art done by
the many different cultures that populate our world

> 4. Would you say that you currently teach an art curriculum that is
> multicultural?
Yes, I try to include art and artists from a wide variety of cultures

> If so, how long have you been teaching with a
> multicultural approach?

> 5. Please give me one or two examples of projects or units from your
> curriculum that would be multicultural.
Chinese Calligraphy
Pueblo Storytellers
                                                Woody in KC