1. Western Springs, Illinois
2. Starting my ninth year of teaching art
3. I would define multicultural art education as covering different cultures
through their art, but also looking at other aspects...traditions,
celebrations etc. I also feel it is important to cover cultures that are both
represented and not represented in the schools you are teaching.
4. yes, I would say for five of the nine years
5. Example one...Mexican Bark Painting focusing on the family, and Benin
Bronze work from Africa, focusing on the Benin king Oba.
Anything else, let me know. Good Luck.
Western Springs SD #101
Western Springs Illinois