Re: Why hang onto students art

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 08:19:46 PDT

Wayne, I do not keep portfolios for the students for a couple of reasons- the
first being, in elementary, they want to take it home shortly (if not
immediately) after it is finished. I usually ask them to let me put it up for a
while on display), Also, I want them to take it home while they are still
excited about it, which translates into good pr for the art program. second, I
do not have the space-Many of our projects wouldn't fit into a portfolio-
sometimes we do group work, yadda yadda.
 third, my classes don't seem long enough to handle the logistics of passing
them out each class. Each of us does what is feasible in our own programs.
Betsy