Re: Why hang onto students art

---------

From: linda (lindwood_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 08:22:38 PDT

I photograph a lot of kids work throughout the year. I use these photos
in so many ways...for creating powerpoints in the future, for making
greeting cards to use as thank you notes to parent volunteers (boy do they
love getting a thank you with their kid's artwork on it!!!), for website
entries, to stick in individual portfolios in their classroom for parent
conferences, for articles to magazines for various projects, to share with
other teachers, the list goes on and on. I keep these photos on zip
drives, but I've outgrown zips...I'm swimming in them, so I need a CD
burner next year. I just got an LCD projector for next year, so I'm busy
creating power points this summer. I can't believe what a difference that
is going to make in my organization and lesson presentations. TO be able
to put things together in power point with such ease is a wonderful thing.
 I photographed every illustrative material and saved lesson folder I have
before school was out and have spent the summer filing them in folders on
a zip, along with websites in the same folders that pertain to the
concept, artist, or whatever it is that I am basing that lesson on. It
was SOOOO much work to do this, but now I feel like it's all downhill! I
am hoping that this work this summer will free me up a little next year so
that I can have a little more of a life than last year where I worked late
EVERY day and never had any time to myself. But then, I can always invent
something else to make myself compulsively busy about school! lol

---