Re: Fwd: storage/management of sketchbooks/portfolios

---------

From: Jackie Aust (ja1997_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 06:30:36 PDT

I am getting some great results back on the elementary
sketchbooks. I was hoping someone took photos of some students
sketchbooks to share. If so, several have emailed me directly
and have asked I pass this one.

As for as storage, I had one idea that really sounded good and I
have talked to an elementary principal about this. The regular
classroom teacher can store the sketchbooks and have the bring
them with them. The students feel they are going on a field
trip outside of the classroom (to art) and bring back and
discuss what they did in art, showing it to the teacher. Reg.
teachers ( and I am saying that as not specialty teachers as we
are sometimes called) often have used pictures from the
sketchbooks to do writing, even if one word for K-2. By the
way, this elementary principals was excited about the sketchbook
thought.

Jackie Aust
Director of Visual Art(K-12)
Bryan High Art Teacher/FA Dept. Head