Re: Elementary Sketchbooks

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 21:01:40 PDT

I purchased a book on "how to make books" that has tons of ideas. I think
that I am going to incorporate sketchbooks in my elementary (well, 3-6
anyways) curriculum, having the sketchbook itself be 1 lesson, with one or
two lessons inside. One idea is to make a folded book that has an Asian
motif, doing some simple ink drawings, and writing a haiku inside. I think
this would introduce elementary students to some basic sketchbook ideas
without tying myself into a year round hassle. I haven't thought this
completely through yet, so if anyone has any ideas on this..... :-)
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

---