Why hang onto students art

---------

From: Kathleen Shilson (kshilson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 22:32:33 PDT

Students are allways asking when they can take their artwork home. I explain
again and again the importance of keeping a portfolio. And at the end of
each semester I end up with piles and piles of students work.. things, stuff
and projects the student did not want. Wouldn't it be more meaningful (have
a bigger impact on the students art development) if after each project too
send the artwork home.. after I have given a grade. Just a thought..
Wayne S