Re: I'm a first-year teacher

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 20:29:49 PDT

Krista -

Have you ever heard of the "game" token response?

There are die-cut shapes that you use to indicate
which artwork you like best, which took the most time
to make, which is worth the most money, etc. I've
played it in a museum and at school with poster/prints
selected by my professor.

I have considered doing this as a first day activity
with artwork that I plan to cover throughout the year.
 I would like to repeat the activity at the end of the
year to see if their responses change after learning
more about the work.

This may be geared to older students, but I would love
to be able to track how students think about art over
time.

Good luck!

Dawn