Re: "Why don't you help me?"

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 07:10:29 PDT

I have to second this comment by Michal! Looks like you have the cork in
the wrong place Greg. There are better ways to word replies
!(especially to one our best teachers on the list!)
As far as the helping of students. I'm all for encouraging independence
in students. Especially in the light of all the codling I've seen in the
past few years by parents.
Those notes by parents that say "could Jimmy have one more night to get
his work(usually a report) done. He was at baseball practice last night
or we couldn't get to the library last night." -drive me nuts. Yet the
kid had weeks to do the work.
MaryB

The Austin's wrote:

> Greg, I am appalled at the way you chose to disagree with Maggie. This
> is a PROFESSIONAL list - if you disagree please do it politely and
> without name calling.~Michal
>
> maggie get the cork out of your regal behind;what you need
> to do is encourage every student to the level they are able
> with the intellectual tools

---