Re: Roxanne Swentzell / Sculpture

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 18:31:24 PDT

Woody Duncan wrote:

> Need an exemplar to teach sculpture around check out:
> http://www.taospaint.com/Swentzell.html
> I got the idea for this web page when my newest copy of
> New Mexico magazine came in the mail today.
> Roxanne Swentzell has a way of including humor into her
> art that must be seen.

When I took some students to check out the Institute of American Indian
Art in Santa Fe, Roxanne very graciously invited us to visit her in her
studio. She took a lot of time to explain her work and influences and
showed us some work in progress, and allowed me to take some photographs
to use in my classes. A real class act...

Maggie

---