Re: best practices in art

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 18:30:57 PDT

Ellen,
        Did you mean in art or in art education ?
My brief list for the art teacher is as follows:

                Best Practices in Teaching Art:
Ability to show that you know your content area well (knows stuff)
Recognizes and Continues to work on weaknesses (learns and grows)
Shows a "Passion" for the arts and learning (loves art)
Believes in the students you work with (loves kids)
Ability to work well with student population (knows kids)
Continues to learn and grow professionally (join NAEA)
Open to new ideas and techniques (lifelong learner)
Continues to practice and grow as an artist (artist/teacher)
Promotes art in the school setting (works with staff)
Promotes art and learning in the community (active citizen)

                                                                Woody in KC

--
This one soars: