Re: "Why don't you help me?"

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 13:28:14 PDT

Good gawd a'mighty, I will have to forward your "advice" to Fred Jones,
Harry Wong, and about a zillion other educators who advocate developing
independent learners. We will not always be around to spoon-feed them
their knowledge. It's akin to birds pushing the fledglings out of the
nest and forcing them to spread their wings and fly. There may be some
bruises in the process, but the fledglings become independent and able
to take care of themselves (assuming the neighbor's cat doesn't get them
first; in the classroom, I'm still there to keep the cat away).

Maggie

Frankly, I think you have either mis-read the thread or jumped in part
way and missed the original inquiry.

eldoradoreefgold@yahoo.com wrote:

> maggie get the cork out of your regal behind;what you need to do is encourage every student to the level they are able with the
> intellectual tools THEY have to create works of art to enhance and empower them;not crow about their inferiority to you!!!this
> which i do not see at all clearly illustrated!remember this:only the good teachers are remembered!you must'n't forget who you
> are working for;the kids in the seats are paying your salary......give them their god- damned money's worth!! this
> from<eldoradoreefgold@yahoo.com>greg sharp from california ! put a bandage on the big ones,looks like the 'little ones' will
> have to heal themselves!

---