Re: "Why don't you help me?"

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 11:47:44 PDT

I have always learned more from my fellow students than from even the
best teacher I've had. My students learn that there is only "one of me"
and that they need to learn to help each other. You need to teach them
that the power of trying to explain something to others is a great
learning
tool for themselves. When you try to explain/teach something to others
you become humbled to find out what you really know. You are forced to
struggle to find the terms and the means to explain what you know to another.
This is the main reason I teach, for the selfish reason that it helps me grow.
Praise your students when they attempt to assist another, it is the most
powerful thing you will give them.
                                        My thoughts, Woody in KC

--
This one soars: