summer program for teachers

---------

From: Dorothy Olsson (dolsson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 12:24:13 PDT

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to participate in an exciting program to be
held at the University of Connecticut at Storrs from July 28-August 4,
2002. The Amherst Early Music Festival will offer a special workshop for
teachers of dance, music, and theater at the elementary, secondary and
college level who wish to enhance their programs with dances from
historical periods. Participants will learn a variety of dances from the
15th to the 18th centuries, become familiar with historical dance music,
discuss issues related to teaching these dances, and prepare for a short
performance of dances with live music.

For further information, please visit our website:
http://www.amherstearlymusic.org/aemf2002-dance.htm, or

http://www.amherstearlymusic.org/
and follow the links to the Historical Dance Program

We hope to see you there!

All the best,

Carol Marsh
Dorothy Olsson