Re: book recommendation for middle school

---------

From: greg sharp (eldoradoreefgold_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 10:34:06 PDT

 Kill two birds with one stone have the older students read Jules Verne's 'Mysterious Island' AND THEN, have them draw a sequence from this very vivid and envolving adventure! It's one of my childhood favorites and it's not boring to boys;on the contrary!,eldoradoreefgold@yahoo.com
  Marcia Lavery <miss_lavery@yahoo.com> wrote:
 Hi. I'm responding to the new teacher who asked for book recommendations for middle school. I just bought this great book which has been mentioned here before. "Drawing for Older Children and Teens," by Mona Brookes. It has a lot of great drawing exercises and project ideas that I'm going to incorporate into my classes this year. A few of the ideas I have already been using, because one of my art ed. professors in college had used some of the exercises with us. I highly recommend this book.