book recommendation for middle school

---------

From: Marcia Lavery (miss_lavery_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 21:43:07 PDT

 Hi. I'm responding to the new teacher who asked for book recommendations for middle school. I just bought this great book which has been mentioned here before. "Drawing for Older Children and Teens," by Mona Brookes. It has a lot of great drawing exercises and project ideas that I'm going to incorporate into my classes this year. A few of the ideas I have already been using, because one of my art ed. professors in college had used some of the exercises with us. I highly recommend this book.