Re: "school appropriate"

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 15:10:08 PDT

In a message dated 7/16/02 5:50:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Jarsawyer@aol.com writes:

> I also don't
> make the students recite the Pledge of Allegiance -- is this bad? They are
>
> high school students and it seems like an empty ritual to me, so I feel
> phony
> making them recite it. What do you think?

We say the pledge of Allegience every day over the loud speaker. All I ask
for them to do is stand quietly while I and a few others say it. They do
this in respect for the country. After awhile they are almost all saying it,
especially after 9-11 last year.

Ken Schwab

---