Regarding Mandalas...

---------

From: linda (lindwood_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 14:39:25 PDT

Hi,
    I have my 5th graders make mandalas every year with INCREDIBLE
results. I am going to try the photoshop digital mandalas this year
combined with a math class. I am wondering if any of you have ever
attempted a sand mandala. THe Philadelphia Museum of Art has a website
about an interactive sand mandala that was created there. I'm not at my
computer at the moment, so I don't have the address, but you you put sand
mandala into a search I know you would find it. That's how I found it.
Sounds like a lot of work preparing colored sand, and where would you do
it, and how, and how long would it take, and so on. BUT....it would be so
fascinating and fun to do, I would think.

---