Re: "school appropriate" Long

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 14:26:58 PDT

I teach in a school very similiar - in fact over 1/2 of the pickups in the
parking lot have gun racks mounted in the rear window. I would say it
depends upon your administrator and the purpose of the rifle in the artwork.
I also have mixed feelings on paintball guns - my husband sells the guns, my
son owns one and they both love to play. It is a sport, yet allowing these
guns to be drawn is similiar in relation to the area. I don't know if
there's an easy answer on this one.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> We are in the north country where a lot of hunting goes on..ie deer
hunting,
> moose, bear and a lot of my art students like to put hunting rifles (not
> guns) in their art. Is this appropriate? I have mixed feelings about this
> one.

---